With the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment we have developed a draft Health and Safety at Work Strategy to improve health and safety at work across New Zealand over the next 10 years.
The draft Strategy is designed to:
- Provide vision and direction for the overall improvement of health and safety at work in New Zealand
- Align direction across the health and safety system
- Enable coordination between people in the system and ensure there is clear accountability
- Identify capability gaps and opportunities
- Improve system measurement.
- Developing a Health and Safety Strategy is part of wider efforts underway to improve health and safety in New Zealand.