WorkSafe consulted on four new draft asbestos-related guidance documents between Monday 4 September and Monday 2 October.
These four draft guidance documents are part of a wider suite of asbestos-related guidance currently under development. Read more about the stages of asbestos guidance development
See the four new draft asbestos-related guidance documents:
- These drafts do not necessarily present WorkSafe’s final position on the information contained within them.
- The current Approved Code of Practice: Management and removal of asbestos and other published guidance should still be referred to as WorkSafe’s primary guidance for managing asbestos. See the asbestos section of our website
These four draft guidance documents form the first stage of development of a wider suite of asbestos-related guidance.
Stage one (this stage)
- Asbestos in New Zealand - information for businesses, workers, and others
- Asbestos in the home - information for homeowners
- Protective clothing and equipment for working with asbestos - guidance for PCBUs
- Managing asbestos in your building or workplace - good practice guidance for PCBUs
- Good practice guidance for asbestos surveyors
- Good practice guidance for asbestos removalists
- Good practice guidance for asbestos assessors
- Protective clothing and equipment for working with asbestos - guidance for workers
- Working with asbestos: Safe work practices - guidance for PCBUs and workers
- Working with or near asbestos: Information for specific trades - guidance for PCBUs and workers
- Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos Regulations) 2016 - interpretive guidance
The Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) allows New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, or anyone in New Zealand, to request official information from the government - including copies of submissions.
We will let you know if we receive an OIA request for a copy of your submission. The content of your submission may be made available to the public, however you can indicate on the response form whether you would prefer your details to be kept confidential.
We will manage any personal information you supply in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.