Our December work-related health update.
In this issue:
- summer guidance: protecting workers from solar UV radiation, fatigue and working safely in extreme temperatures
- accelerated silicosis, including new guidance for on-tool water suppression to control dust
- a roundup of recently revised dust guidance
- a new template tool for asbestos management plans
- revised Workplace Exposure Standards and Biological Exposure Indices
- new hazardous substances requirements for storing class 6 and 8s
- consultation on minor amendments to hazardous substances regulations
- the MATES in Construction initiative
- an ACC subsidy for manufacturing businesses for health and safety improvement
- information from NZTA about managing impairment from medicine when driving.