The Diving Industry Advisory Group (DIAG) represents each of the occupational diving sectors in New Zealand and works with WorkSafe to identify and respond to health and safety and regulatory improvements in occupational diving.
Representatives are made up from the following stakeholder and sector groups:
- NZ hyperbaric medical specialists
- NZ Defence Force diving
- NZ Police Dive Squad
- Commercial and construction diving
- Science and tertiary education
- Recreational training providers
- Film and media
DIAG’s scope is to:
- provide advice to WorkSafe on relevant sector issues, including regulatory impact
- provide a channel for sector representation, communication, and consultation on all matters impacting it and WorkSafe
- collaborate on documents for communication across the occupational diving industry and to specific sectors
- provide comments on guidance and good practice material developed for the purpose of improving safety standards in the industry
- provide comments and guidance on industry health issues, including but not limited to: health monitoring, reporting of harms, and industry practices likely to impact on the health of workers.
WorkSafe and DIAG may, from time to time, issue technical bulletins and safety alerts to provide in-depth technical information or clarification on specific topics:
Occupational divers are welcome to contact their sector representative and stakeholder organisations to discuss issues that may be brought to DIAG.
To contact DIAG, contact your industry representative directly through your relevant sector body or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.