We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
- Is the Appliance fitted with a New Zealand plug?
If not, do not buy, and do not buy if it is supplied with an adapter. The plug should be moulded onto the supply cord.
- Is the voltage correct for New Zealand?
New Zealand domestic voltage is 230 volts and 50 Hertz. The appliance must be marked with a range that includes this voltage as part of the manufacturer’s labelling.
- Does the appliance come with user instructions in English?
If not, do not buy. Ask for a copy before you purchase.
- Does the seller provide a Supplier Declaration of Conformity that shows that the appliance complies with an AS/NZS Standard?
If the seller cannot supply a written declaration, and it is a medium risk declared article or a high risk declared article, do not buy. (If it is not a declared article, the supplier does not have to provide a supplier declaration).
- Where is the seller located? Not all .co.nz Internet sites are in New Zealand. If they are not in New Zealand, you might not be protected by New Zealand Consumer law.